How long does my hair have to be to sugared ?
We need the hair to be 1/8 of an inch..for most people that's about a 10 days of growth.
How is sugaring better than traditional wax?
So many reasons! Sugar is 100% organic, no icky chemicals or skin irritating dyes. It also removes the hair from the bulb in the natural direction of hair growth. Plus, it's never applied hot and it hurts 50-70% LESS (according to our amazing clients) than traditional wax.
Is SUGARING also known as sugar waxing?
Yes. We prefer to call it “sugaring” because our proprietary sugar paste contains absolutely no wax. However, the process is the same. Hair is removed from the bulb in the natural direction of growth.
Can I still get sugared while I'm on my cycle?
Absolutely! Being on your period is a part of life. We offer fragrance free sanitary wipes for you to use prior to your service. Oh, and did you know you are LESS sensitive after your period starts. Winning!
Which sugaring location is closest to me?
Just click on the link here and we will redirect you to your neighborhood Sugar Sugar™.
If I have been using Retin A or Accutane...may I still get sugared?
We ask all clients using daily Retin A to please stop usage one week prior to your face sugaring appointment. Accutane is a little different. We recommend you wait 6 months to a year after stopping Accutane before you consider getting sugared. Our top priority is the integrity of your skin, therefore, if you are using any of these products, please inform your Esthetician.
May I get sugared and sprayed the same day?
YES! This is one of the best things about sugaring! It is so gentle you may book your favorite sugaring appointments and then follow it up with one of our gorgeous, golden tans. Can you say one stop shopping!
How do I prep for my sugaring appointment?
- Clean, dry is best! No oils, lotion or deodorant please.
- Gently exfoliate your skin the evening before.
- If you are sensitive, avoid caffeine 4 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not drink any alcohol before your appointment.
- Arrive 5 minutes early so you can fill out paperwork and relax on our comfy couch.
How do I care for my skin after my sugaring service at home?
We want you to love your results, therefore following a few home care tips will ensure BEST results from the moment you get home until we see you again in a few weeks. Follow our self care tips to maximize your results.
- Exfoliate (gently) twice weekly in the shower. Our go-to is our SS™ sugar scrubs...all natural, fragrance free and they come in yummy scents like Flirt Berry and Lavender.
- Dry brushing provides such a benefit to your overall wellness. Always brush skin dry and towards your hard. Twice weekly.
- Hydrate inside and out! Hydrated skin will allow those softer, finer hairs post sugaring to surface and not get trapped under the skin. We recommend a lotion like our Hello Hydration from Skin From Scratch™ that is alcohol and fragrance free.
- Dead salt soaks are not only heavenly but help detox the body from impurities. We recommend a weekly bath once a week for no longer than 15 minutes. Pregnant mamas should NEVER take bathes.